Heart of Darkness - Destroyer of book lust!

I realise that I have not written about a book for over a month - does this mean that I have not read anything for a while? Not quite, as I did read Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad, but at times that story was such a struggle to get through (reading it in places felt akin to wading through thick mud) it evaporated my reading bug that was happily stewing away inside me. (Note that this malaise actually lasted until the end of December 2008). It's not to say that Heart of Darkness is a bad story - I did want to see how it panned out - but it was just incredibly difficult for me to read in parts, and as it destroyed my desire to read for several months, I must award it the Blackbeard rating.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Gavin's Book Log - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template