Brave New World

Brave New World is an enthralling tale. Set in the future, it imagines a utopia where there is no God, no-one is unhappy and everything is strictly regulated to maintain order. Of course, few are aware of their actual reality. Matters get even more interesting when a savage is brought into the society, a savage from a reservation where God-worship is still maintained and women are not harlots.

I listened to this book as an audiobook, rather than reading a print copy. The version that I got from Audible was expertly narrated, and added to the experience. The only black spot is that during the last hour, when there is a great philosophical debate between the Controller and the Savage about the nature of God and religion, I was unable to easily note down any of the sayings. I found it to be of profound interest, but all I can remember is "God may not change; but man does".

I would recommend this book to anyone, I think it is excellent. The story is great, the imagination shown to bring it to life is outstanding and it is just thoroughly enjoyable. A great way to start 2010!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Gavin's Book Log - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template