Food Rules

Food Rules, An Eater's Manual is a short book comprised of a number of rules which should in theory result in the reader leading a more nutritious and healthier life. It certainly makes a lot of sense. I'm not one for those wacky diet books that come out a lot of the time, but I refuse to eat microwave meals and cook for myself a lot of the time so I would describe myself as food-aware. The rules in this book definitely struck a chord with me, and I will be trying my hardest to follow the majority of them, including:
  • If it comes through a car window, it's not food
  • Cook
  • Eat as much junk food as you like, as long as you make it
  • Eat foods with 5 or fewer ingredients (NOT RECIPES, things like sauces etc)
  • Only eat foods with ingredients you can picture
  • If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant; don't
  • And the most important of all... break the rules occasionally!
This book has already had an impact on me, as I am trying to eat more salads and fish. I would recommend reading it - and try to find fault with the rules if you can.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Gavin's Book Log - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template