Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational pretty much tells us that humans are extremely irrational beings. The book (or audiobook in my case) is littered with examples of pre-existing bias or assumption that we have gleaned from somewhere that alter our behavior to the irrational. There are also examples galore of people just being... irrational. Things like how the majority of people are swayed by the offer of something free, even if it is not the best deal. On this basis, this book isn't just interesting from a psychological standpoint but also an economic one. If I ever am in the position in a company to come up with marketing strategies, I am certainly revisiting this book to take advantage of the behavior of the majority.

Overall, I found this book to be very interesting and full of fascinating snippets. I even ordered a copy for my friend as a birthday present! On this basis, I would recommend to anyone interested in the strangeness of human nature, as you won't be disappointed.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Gavin's Book Log - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template