Goldfinger

Goldfinger himself is one of the more famous Bond villains, and Goldfinger is one of the more recognisable Bond tales. I was looking forward to reading it, and as per normal, it did not disappoint, even with a few interesting twists that I was not anticipating. As par the course with a James Bond novel, there is action aplenty, as well as suspense and some masterful villains. Who could ever forget Oddjob, either his portrayal on the screen or in the pages of this story? That seems to be one of the secrets of a good James Bond story - outlandish villains who yet could exist in our reality.

This is not the best Bond book that I have ever read, but it is still very good. It's just making me sad that I am getting nearer and nearer, with every book read, to arriving at the stage where there are no new Fleming novels left. I will have to pack them away and 'forget' about them for 10 years and then renew my interest.

Quotes I liked:
  • Some love is fire, some love is rust. But the finest, cleanest love is lust.
  • The difference between a good golf shot and a bad one is the same as the difference between a beautiful and a plain woman - a matter of millimetres.
  • "You did well, Oddjob. I'm glad to see you are in training. Here -" Goldfinger took the cat from under his arm and tossed it to the Korean who caught it eagerly - "I am tired of seeing this animal around. You may have it for dinner." The Korean's eyes gleamed.
  • "I come from the South. You know the definition of a virgin down there? Well, it's a girl who can run faster than her brother."

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Gavin's Book Log - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template