Animal Farm

Having studied the beginnings of Soviet Russia for around 3 years at school, I found it very interesting to re-read Animal Farm for the first time since I read it in English class when I was 15. Incidentally, it is the only book that I can remember reading in school that I want to read again. But reading it and trying to place who was each animal (aside from the obvious two), which countries the two farms represented, what historical events each part of the book was based on... this all added to my enjoyment of this short novel. I think that it has to be one of the cleverest books ever written, and if many issues were boiled down in this way (think the Israel-Palestine conflict), it would add a level of perspective to many who are currently ignorant of the reasons behind them.

Quite simply, an excellent book that I look forward to reading again in 10 years or so.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Gavin's Book Log - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template