The Grand Design

The Grand Design puts across the latest theories on the beginning of the universe in an easy-to-follow fashion, all with the benefit of no equations whatsoever. I liked the fact that it covers many subjects with ease and accessibility, with no prior knowledge of mega-level physics necessary. It did teach me a few things (I was interested to learn that Quantum Physics really only affects things at the molecule level and not anything bigger), and is certainly worth a re-listen at some point, as I know that I missed several things.

There seems to be a lot of controversy over the fact that this book makes the statement that God is not necessary to have created the universe, and if you can get your head around there being multiple universes (and the fact that we will probably never be able to fully comprehend such things), it makes a lot of sense. I'd recommend this book to anyone with an interest in such things.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Gavin's Book Log - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template